Here’s a recap of the best cider news worth sharing:
1) Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with cocktails like the Mojito Cider Cocktail and the Angry-rita. Cinco de Mayo events in Portland, Oregon include the Tepache Y Tamales Bottleshare at Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider and the La Familia Cider Launch Party at the Portland Cider House.
2) Holly Tennant writes for Cider Culture on Sustainability and the Cider Industry. Part 1 in the series focuses on pesticides, energy use, and water use.
3) The Cider Journal encourages you to look for The Secret Message On Cider Bottles.
4) The Story of the Forgotten Genius who Discovered the Apple’s Birthplace, Before Being Murdered by Stalin is an outtake from Pete Brown’s recent book The Apple Orchard.
5) The AOP Cornouaille is 20 years old writes Breton cider expert Mark Gleonec. (Here’s an English translation.) The Cidre AOP Cornouaille from Les Vergers de Kermao in Gouesnac’h recently won a Best in Class award at GLINTCAP.
8) Darlene Hayes writes for Cider Culture on The Impact of GLINTCAP and the Growth of the Cider Industry. Sean Connolly writes about the Portland International Cider Cup in Judgment Day, Cider-Style. And results are announced for the The Big Apple’s Cider and Perry Trials in Herefordshire and CAMRA’s National Cider and Perry Championships in Reading.
9) On tap this weekend: Cider Festival in Rotterdam, the Kellybrook Cider Festival in Greater Melbourne, and the closing of La Semaine du Cidre du Québec and BC Cider Week. On tap soon: A Celebration of the Life of Grant Howes at the County Cider Company (May 13) and Cider Week Colorado & The Pressed Conference in Denver (May 22–28).
10) Along Came a Cider reviews 3 perries in Very Perry May Pt 1. Cider Says shares tasting notes from Schilling Cider House Visit 26 and reviews Aspall Dry, Angry Orchard Maple Wooden Sleeper, and Wyder’s Dry Raspberry. Cidercraft reviews Eve’s Cidery Beckhorn Hollow 2014. The Cider Journal reviews Liberty Ciderworks Columbia Crab 2015. I think about cider reviews Francois Sehedic Extra Brut and Sandford Orchards Straw and Oak 2013. Sipology reviews Potter’s Farmhouse Cider. drycider reviews Good Life Cider Funkhouse, Fuchshof Most, Pitchfork Hard Cider, Oliver’s Yarlington Mill, Wayside Cider Dry Town, and Champlain Orchards Russet Pear. CiderScene asks What is Malolactic Fermentation? The Milled Apple reviews ACE Apple Honey, Stem Ciders Remedy Dry Hopped, and Artifact Cider Project Feels Like Home. Cider Society reviews Slyboro La Sainte Terre, Honest Abe Cider, Eden + ANXO Collaboration #3, Indian Ladder Farms Dry, and Blackduck Dry Hopped. cidersense reviews Oliver’s At The Hop #4. Cider Explorer reviews F. H. Prager Perry, Viuda de Angelon 1947, and Dudda’s Tun Cider. And Real Cider Reviews tries Peckham’s Cidery Alex’s Apple Cider, Scoundrels And Rogues Repeat Offender, and Abel Méthode Cider.
Have a great weekend!
The world's best cider news.
Delivered to your inbox each Friday. 1,000+ subscribers can't be wrong.