1) This weekend marks the close of Cider Week Finger Lakes. Learn more about Cider Boom Foremother: Autumn Stoscheck of Eve’s Cidery and check out the event listings featuring Eve’s, Black Diamond, Kite & String, South Hill, Blackduck, and other local producers.
4) The next DoubleCider shipment features Runcible Cider from Mosier, Oregon and Brännland Cider from Umeå, Sweden. And the next cidrbox shipment features Dragon’s Head Cider from Vashon Island, Washington.
5) In openings news, Capitol Cider House Is Coming to D.C. in 2018, Bad Seed Opening First Ever Cider Tap Room in Brooklyn, and Reverend Nat’s Will Open Huge New Cidery in Portland, Oregon.
7) Sip Northwest Magazine releases its 2017 Best of the Northwest Cider Medalists. Other recent results include the World Cider Awards, the International Cider Challenge, the CAMRA National Cider Pub of the Year award, and the Salón Internacional de les Sidres de Gala awards. (Registration for the US Open Cider Championship closes today.)
9) On tap in the US: CiderFest NC in Asheville; Vander Fest in Spring Lake, Michigan; the Milwaukee Cider and Nano Beer Fest; the Rocky Mountain Cider Association Tasting in Lakewood, Colorado; Vashon CiderFest in Washington; and The KEEN Cider Fest in Ellensburg, Washington.
10) Along Came a Cider reviews Virtue Percheron. Cidercraft reviews Embark Craft Ciderworks The Crab Series Vol. No. 1. The Milled Apple reviews Far From the Tree Apple of My Chai and Artifact Cider Project Papa Doble. Cider Society reviews Original Sin Black Widow, Blake’s El Chavo, and Hardscrabble Cider. The Cider Drinker reviews Burrow Hill Somerset Cider and Bulmers Kier’s Cloudy Apple Cider. And Cider Explorer reviews Legacy Irish Craft Cider, Johannes Cyder Suchý, and a selection of Kentish Pip ciders.
Have a great weekend!
The world's best cider news.
Delivered to your inbox each Friday. 1,000+ subscribers can't be wrong.