2) Cider In Love—an “online curator of fine, heritage ciders”—has launched. The marketplace currently features Alpenfire, Eaglemount, Liberty, Orchard Hill, Redbyrd Orchard, Slyboro, Snowdrift, South Hill, and Tilted Shed.
5) Phenotyping Apples with Modern Techniques and Historic Texts spotlights the work of Greg Peck in identifying misnamed varieties in the US such as Foxwhelp.
7) Crafty Nectar wonders if more stringent labeling requirements would help in #RealCider – is transparency the answer? And Fiona Beckett of The Guardian believes The future of craft cider looks rosy.
8) Imbibe UK recaps the British Cider Championships and The Ciderologist recaps the International Cider Championships at the Royal Bath and West Show. (The Cornwall Cider Championships will be held this weekend at the Royal Cornwall Show.)
10) Along Came a Cider reviews Rootstock Ciderworks Belgium and Shacksbury Citrus Spritz. Cider Says shares tasting notes from Schilling Cider House Visit 32 and reviews Apple Outlaw Pineapple Getaway and Le Brun Cidre Brut. Cidercraft reviews Ulee’s Light Cider Dry. Cider Couple review Downeast Drier Side. Cider Revival reviews Graft Cider Farm Flor. The Cider Drinker reviews Smirnoff Passionfruit & Lime and Burrow Hill Perry. Cider From Poland interviews Cydr Ignaców. And Cider Explorer reviews Cydr Ignaców Czarny Ignac 2015, Adam & Eva Cider Adam, and Redbrook Chilli Cider.
Have a great weekend!