Here’s a recap of the best cider news worth sharing:
1) Cider Culture gets in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with 7 Irish Craft Ciders to Try and Go Green (Apple) on St. Patrick’s Day with These 8 Hard Ciders. Need some comfort food after celebrating? Try Cider Culture’s 5 Hard Cider Recipes to Get You Through the End of Winter and Cidercraft’s Cider Bangers and Mash for St. Patty’s.
3) Virtue Cider shares an illustrated guide to the art of blending cider in Creating Lapinette.
4) Cider Chat interviews Matt Kaminsky and Al Sax in Lost Apples of the Quabbin. The creation of the Quabbin Reservoir in the late 1930s displaced the residents of four rural Western Massachusetts towns.
5) CiderScene chats with Tim Larsen in Snowdrift Cider: An Introduction & Tasting.
6) “Who is this Reverend Nat guy, and why is a minister brewing the devil’s juice?” The Missoula Independent meets with Nat West on his Montana-wide tour in Rev. Nat’s Hard Cider.
7) The National Association of Cider Makers (UK) announces a New Cider Qualification set to raise the bar across the industry.
8) The Ciderologist shares his judging experience at the International Cider Awards. Prize winners have been announced, but the Champion Cider won’t be revealed until April 26th.
9) Cidercraft looks ahead to future cider events in Cider Has Sprung in Spring.
10) Along Came a Cider reviews Vermont Cider Co. Wassail. Cider Says reviews Red Branch Peach Cider, Moonlight Meadery Them Little Apples, and E.Z. Orchards Cidre 2011. Cidercraft reviews ^5 Cider Your Princess is in Another Castle. The Milled Apple reviews Embark Baldwin and Harpoon Craft Cider. Cider Society reviews Bantam Smoked Saison, Castle Hill Big Pippin, and Millstone Farmgate. Wines in Niagara reviews Garage D’or Weird & Wicked Cider. Cider Steve reviews Dudda’s Tun Cider and Tenterden Gibbet Oak. And Real Cider Reviews tries Daylesford Farmhouse Dry 2015.
Have a great weekend!
The world's best cider news.
Delivered to your inbox each Friday. 1,000+ subscribers can't be wrong.